10 thoughts on how to choreograph a space
First fill in the blanks as you please.
Then dance the choreography through as it would be a map for your research. Cherish your imagination and follow your intuitions when it comes to the movement. Repeat or skip any parts you wish to. Take liberties to stick with it or change it completely.
Let a camera be your witness.
1. Look for _________________
2. Hide from _________________
3. Camouflage into _________________
4. Separate yourself from _________________
5. Sit with _________________
6. Fit yourself into _________________ and break from it
7. Change a perspective to _________________
8. Do something routinary in a completely new way. Make it _________________
9. Become closer to _________________
10. Jump to a _________________
You can use the following words if needed:
pause, stillness, breath, shadow, fear, heart beat, body, bone structure, judgement, light, heavy, rigorous, idea, spacious, muscular, joints, life, death, limits, free, God, holy, wet, ego, atoms, veins, electric, short, wall, reflection
Dancer / dance maker & cultural producer